I am making lists for next year. There are things I want to expand on from last year.
- Blogging both my blogging and having students blog. I’m thinking start out with the students blogging at least 2 times a month. Mypersonal goal is to blog at least 5 times a week, but not necessarily on school days. Last year we had both PEP and faculty meetings on Wednesday – which made that a bad day to try and blog. I was usually home late.
- Movie making both live action and stop motion. I like the cut paper version better than claymation.
- Photo time lines – especially for our sustained inquiries.
- Geocaching/GPS reviews. Technically I did try this last year, but the results were terrible. I got some great ideas from the workshop I took at T3. Even better the teacher who gave the workshop is 2nd grade.
- Popcorn words. I got several ideas from that workshop. I can combined them with …
- Publishing e-books on my Ipads for students (I am going to do books for each science unit for vocabulary and also for information) I’ve made one. I need to figure out a couple of formatting things. Also I would like to add an auditoryversion for my 2nd graders if they need it. I will do some now. I thinking about asking some 3rd – 5th grade students tocome to my room in the mornings to do recordings. I know several, who would do a great job and would love not going to the gym in the morning.
- Publishing e-books by students on the Ipads
I’m sure I’m going to come up with more as the summer goes on. I’m also lucky to have a great network both in my district and outside to bounce ideas off of.