My students love Google Earth. They love finding our school and their home. We can use that energy to have the students do some cool things on Google Earth.
- Use the zoom feature when talking about seeing details in writing
- As a starting point in descriptive writing
- When reading stories that happen in named places have students put push pins in the locations and save as a KMZ file
- Use historical maps
- Explore the location of your upcoming field trip.
- Measure the distance from the school to local landmarks they are familiar with.
- View deltas as rivers meet the sea