NEW ORLEANS, July 23 — The Federal Emergency Management Agency asked a federal judge for immunity from lawsuits over potentially dangerous fumes in government-issued trailers that have housed tens of thousands of Gulf Coast hurricane victims.
The people on the gulf coast were left on their own after Katrina hit. When the Federal government finally took action, the survivors were housed in toxic waste dumps of trailers. Now the Federal government wants immunity from “judicial second-guessing.” I think the officers of FEMA should be criminally prosecuted and when convicted serve out their time in FEMA trailers.
Related articles by Zemanta
- FEMA offers refunds for Katrina trailers
- Katrina Trailer Kids May Be Sick for Life
- Did Trailer Makers Know About Toxic Fumes?
- FEMA Trailer Company Under Fire
- Residents Demand Tests In FEMA Trailers
- FEMA Protecting Itself, But Not Evacuees?